Community-informed work is at the heart of the UW's partnerships in Southeast Seattle.
The Othello-UW Commons is a learning and collaboration space for faculty, staff, students and community partners. The Commons will prioritize sustained partnerships that embrace the UW’s commitment to learning from and with local communities.
Academic departments at the UW are committed to sharing resources and classes that can help address needs and hopes identified by people in Southeast Seattle, from community health and youth development to lifelong learning and social policy. Conversations with local residents inform the vision for the Othello-UW Commons. The University will continue to ask and to listen, and to shape programming that supports Southeast Seattle’s vision of sustaining an equitable, inclusive, and welcoming community.
Othello-UW Commons Core Principles
- Involve and engage community partners, prioritizing community-informed work that aligns with the mission of the University of Washington
- Foster and engage in just and equitable relationships between the community and the UW
- Be transparent and accountable in a spirit of mutuality and solidarity
Hours for Co-Working Space and Study Hours for Winter 2024: Every Thursday from 9:00AM to 8:00PM.
View the Othello-UW Commons 2022-23 Impact Report:
Check out the latest Impact Report highlighting the Commons engaging 2022-2023 year!
Join the Othello-UW Commons mailing list:
College of Arts & Sciences | College of Built Environments| College of Education | Continuum College | Evans School of Public Policy & Governance | Foster School of Business | Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity | Regional & Community Affairs | School of Nursing | School of Public Health | School of Social Work | Undergraduate Academic Affairs | UW Alumni AssociationEmail email@example.com
- Program Contacts
- CELE Fellowships
- CELE K-12 Tutor and Mentor
- Community-Engaged Courses (formerly service-learning)
- Leadership Minor
- Next Gen Civic Leader Corps
- Dream Project
- Honors American South
- Husky Leadership Certificate
- Work-Study Tutors (America Reads)
- Internship GEN ST 350 Course
- Riverways Education Partnerships
- Undergraduate Community Based Internships (UCBI)