Community-informed work is at the heart of the UW's partnerships in Southeast Seattle.
The Othello-UW Commons is a learning and collaboration space for faculty, staff, students and community partners. The Commons will prioritize sustained partnerships that embrace the UW’s commitment to learning from and with local communities.
Academic departments at the UW are committed to sharing resources and classes that can help address needs and hopes identified by people in Southeast Seattle, from community health and youth development to lifelong learning and social policy. Conversations with local residents inform the vision for the Othello-UW Commons. The University will continue to ask and to listen, and to shape programming that supports Southeast Seattle’s vision of sustaining an equitable, inclusive and welcoming community.
Othello-UW Commons core principles
- Involve and engage community partners, prioritizing community-informed work that aligns with the mission of the University of Washington
- Foster and engage in just and equitable relationships between the community and the UW
- Be transparent and accountable in a spirit of mutuality and solidarity
View the Othello-UW Commons 2021-22 Impact Report:
Join the Othello-UW Commons mailing list:
College of Education | Continuum College | Evans School of Public Policy & Governance | Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity | Regional & Community Affairs | School of Nursing | School of Public Health | School of Social Work | Undergraduate Academic Affairs | UW Alumni AssociationEmail email@example.com
- Program Contacts
- CELE Fellowships
- CELE K-12 Tutor and Mentor
- Community-Engaged Courses (formerly service-learning)
- Leadership Minor
- Next Gen Civic Leader Corps
- Dream Project
- Husky Leadership Certificate
- Internship GEN ST 350 Course
- Othello-UW Commons
- Riverways Education Partnerships
- Undergraduate Community Based Internships (UCBI)