News & Events
View at a glance what's happening across all our program areas!
No posts found
No posts found
Assistant Director of Rural and Tribal Partnerships
The Assistant Director of Rural and Tribal Partnerships will oversee Riverways Education Partnerships' programs, including Literacy Arts Alternative Spring Break, STEM Alternative Spring Break, Culture and Science Exchange (CASE), Neah Bay Telling our Stories and Riverways Guides. These programs connect UW undergraduate students with K-12 students across Washington State to contribute to the educational success of rural and tribal K-12 youth and transformative undergraduate student learning experiences.
Interested applicants can learn more about the position and apply to Requisition #228122 on the UW Employment site. Position is open until filled with an application priority deadline of November 20, 2023. Salary is $6552/month.
Jumpstart is Hiring!
Applications are live for all positions! Apply by November 10th! Positions are open until filled, but start date is immediately and service in the classrooms begin January 3rd.
Check out position descriptions, benefits, and how to apply for each position HERE.
- Team Leaders (8 positions)
- Lead a team of 3-4 UW peers in the preschool classroom. Build your leadership, management, coaching, and observation skills!
- Corps Members (45+ positions)
- Serve on a team of 3-4 UW peers in the preschool classrom. Build your resume, earn an AmeriCorps Education Award of $1374 while preparing preschoolers for Kindergarten!
- Community Engagement Coordinator (1 position)
- Create and collaborate on various family and community engagement events to support the Jumpstart mission!
Now Hiring: Tutoring Program Coordinator for America Reads
The Tutoring Program Coordinator(s) will collaborate with CELE staff to support the America Reads program through the CELE Center at UW. Work-study eligible UW students can become paid year-long reading tutors in elementary and middle schools in Seattle. The Tutoring Program Coordinator(s) will have the opportunity to collaborate with CELE staff and students, the UW Work Study office, and Seattle Public Schools to expand the program. This position is supervised by the Program Manager of School Based Internships. We are hiring up to 2 coordinators for the 2023-2024 academic year.
View full job description here (UW netID log in required)
Hours: 10-15 hrs/week, up to 19
Compensation: $25.00/hr *This role is hourly federal work-study and is not eligible for a tuition waiver, as it is not classified under the ASE contract.
Dates of Service: September 27, 2023 – June 7, 2024 (opportunity to start earlier if you have a summer work-study award)
Priority Application Deadline: August 27, 2023 (Open until Filled)
To apply, please submit the following:
- A current resume including the names and contact information for two references.
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position and articulating your interests in supporting tutoring programs, promoting educational equity with underrepresented communities, and developing community-campus partnerships.
Please submit all materials via the online application form: https://airtable.com/shrfeAN76Tve53WHl
Please email Emma Pelletier, Program Manager of School Based Internships, at email@example.com with any questions.