CELE K-12 Tutor or Mentor
Passionate about educational equity and interested in gaining experience working with K-12 students from diverse backgrounds? Tutoring and mentoring are rewarding experiences and a great way to engage with the local Seattle community.
Why get involved
- Learn about effective tutoring and mentoring strategies
- Deepen your knowledge about educational equity in the K-12 system
- Build connections with students while using your knowledge in an academic subject area or post-secondary planning.
- Build skill sets in communication, creativity, patience, and adaptability
What to expect
- Enroll in EDUC 260 and EDUC 401
- Dedicate an average time commitment of 2.5-10 hours per week to tutor or mentor in a K-12 school
- All courses are graded as credit/no-credit