Through Riverways, UW undergraduates tutor, mentor and support K-12 students in Seattle schools, as well as rural and tribal communities across the state. Our project transforms the learning and inspires the growth of both UW and K-12 students, while addressing inequities in public education in Washington State.
- We will offer K-12 outreach opportunities to every UW undergraduate who desires them.
- We will ensure strong, vital, and reciprocal relationships with K-12 school and community partners.
- UW undergraduates will gain leadership skills by mentoring K-12 students, collaborating with community partners, and supporting fellow tutors.
- The values of diversity, inclusion and equity will be infused into every aspect of staffing, recruitment, outreach and programming at the Pipeline Project.
- UW undergraduates will learn about the realities of education inequity within our state, and take action through K-12 mentorship and civic engagement.
- We will help K-12 students to cultivate self esteem, excitement about learning, and take steps toward their person goals, while supporting schools and organizations in their aims to create equitable education.
- Program Contacts
- CELE Fellowships
- CELE K-12 Tutor and Mentor
- Community-Engaged Courses (formerly service-learning)
- Leadership Minor
- Next Gen Civic Leader Corps
- Dream Project
- Husky Leadership Certificate
- Internship GEN ST 350 Course
- Othello-UW Commons
- Riverways Education Partnerships
- A New Name
- About Us
- Undergraduate Community Based Internships (UCBI)