Internship GEN ST 350 Course
General Studies 350 is an online course that provides the opportunity to earn credit for the demonstrated learning derived from an internship experience.
Why get involved
- Practice setting measurable goals and developing a plan to achieve them
- Identify how your internship relates to your academic courses and major
- Communicate in a workplace environment in a clear and confident manner
- Evaluate your own performance, accept feedback from others, and embark upon change based on internal and external feedback
- Articulate your experience and skills to potential employers
- Identify and articulate the next steps in your career trajectory
- Communicate effectively in an online environment, with an emphasis on coherent, concise, and respectful dialogue
What to expect
- Independently secure an internship
- Internship must have a minimum of 3 hours per week.
- Internship must occur concurrently with the quarter you intend to take the course.
- If your internship is over the summer, you are eligible to defer tuition and enrollment to autumn quarter but take the course over the summer quarter.
- Before applying for this course, check in with your adviser regarding an internship course within your major.
- Program Contacts
- CELE Fellowships
- CELE K-12 Tutor and Mentor
- Community-Engaged Courses (formerly service-learning)
- Next Gen Civic Leader Corps
- Leadership Minor
- Dream Project
- Husky Leadership Certificate
- Othello-UW Commons
- Riverways Education Partnerships
- Undergraduate Community Based Internships (UCBI)