Dream Project College Access Internships
College and Career Readiness Assistant (CCRA) Internship
College and Career Readiness Assistant (CCRA) interns will support and deepen the work of the current Dream Project mentorship model and support partner school College and Career Counselors in targeting and supporting high school and middle school students with multiple college readiness indicators.
Why get involved
- Gain direct service experience working with youth in the public education system
- Support traditionally underserved students in navigating barriers to post-secondary education opportunities
- Learn about some of the realities, complexities and challenges that students, families, school staff and administrators face in their day-to-day work and environments
- Gain experience coordinating large events, hosting and facilitating workshops, and compiling and analyzing data
What to expect
This is an academic year-long paid internship. Interns must meet the following components:
- Be current UW undergraduate students during the academic school year
- Participate in cohort meetings with professional development on campus bi-weekly
- Be culturally responsive, respectful of diverse backgrounds, have experience working with low-income, first-generation status students, and students of color
- Maintain a schedule that allows for serving 10-12 hours per week at a school placement site
- Willing to adhere to school placement site policies while serving
Civic Engagement & Leadership Corps (Americorps)
Eligible CCRAs may enroll as a part of the 2023-2024 Civic Leadership & Engagement Corps AmeriCorps Program.
- Target Area - Education: K-12 & College/University Academic Engagement
Americorps CCRAs must complete at least 300 eligible hours and all reporting requirements. The completion of hours will result in earning the Segal Americorps Education Award. The 300-hour award for 2023-2024 AY is $1,459.26.
AmeriCorps is available to those who meet citizenship requirements - US Citizen or National or Permanent Resident. CCRAs are not required to enroll in AmeriCorps but it is highly encouraged.