Jumpstart Corps Member
Jumpstart Corps Members provide language, literacy, and social-emotional programming for preschool children from under-resourced communities and promote quality early learning for all children. All members receive high quality training to help them implement Jumpstart’s outcome-based program, promote children’s school success, and build family engagement.
Why get involved
- Inspire young children to learn and serve in a local community
- Collaborate with others on a team and build professional skills
- Potential to earn a Federal Work-Study award during term of service
- AmeriCorps members will be eligible to receive a SegalAmeriCorps Education Award upon completion of their 300 hour service term
- Extensive training in the field of early childhood education
- Unique opportunity to join a national network of individuals serving young children
What to expect
Corps Members make a substantial impact in the life of a young child by engaging in the following activities:
- Dedicate 10-15 hours per week to Jumpstart related activities.
- During session, deliver the Jumpstart curriculum to preschoolers twice weekly, for 2 hours each
- Participate in Team Planning Meetings (3 hours per week total)
- Prepare individually for Session activities
- Assist pre-k classrooms 4 hours per week during individual classroom service.
- Attend weekly training sessions on Wednesday evenings in fall quarter and winter quarter
- Attend two full day Saturday training sessions (one in fall and one in winter)